Welcome to my Blog.......

I would love you to all follow my adventures as I push myself wakeboarding around the world.
You can also follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/dylanprideaux and you can checkout my site at www.dpwake.com

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First week in America

I settled in to the Wakeboard Camp at Clermont. They are an awesome bunch and it’sthe home of our Aussie Girls Amber, Hayley and Bec. I didn’t get too much riding down in my first week because the Camp was at capacity and there was so much to do, but I did manage to head downtown for some boat sessions and some rides at OWC.

I have had so much fun hanging with my good friend Corey Turnbull. We ride together back home at cable and on our boat, and it's great being away with him.

I went out for a ride with Ben Greenwood and I did 5 different 7's in one set, 4 of them were in a row back to back which is awesome and I was also doing back to back mobe 5's (Crow & Whirly).

I went out in Freddie Waynes VLX on Lake Whippoorwill with Danny Burnstein and had a fun set. I landed a Moby Dick 5 on my first attempt and watched some sick runs from Freddie & Danny. It was great just chilling and listening to aussie tunes - Hilltop Hoods, Bliss and Eso. I had never tried a Moby Dick 5, and thought that a Skeezer 5 would be my next Mobe 5, but it felt good, and I have them consistent now. It was nice hanging at Freddie’s, his family remind me of mine and his Mum is awesome just like mine. I saw a sick new rail that is just insane and had a crazy tramp set on an olympic standard tramp (and Freddie absolutely dominates it). Freddie’s family have asked me to come stay with them after Worlds which I am looking forward to.

I have had lots of fun riding at OWC which is where the Worlds will be held. Danny Burnstein and I have been trying to learn two new tricks, one being a cab 10 and the other being a hoochie blind 3. I love OWC, it’s a very cool place.

I talked to Dad about me heading to Tennessee for the last stop of the Pro Tour. He thought it was a great idea to get some more competition experience, so he hooked me up with flights and a base at the Marriott with some of the other guys.

I also have been riding with Daniel Powers in his boat just getting my pass pretty sorted out for the Pro Tour Stop in Knoxville. I was hanging out there for the day with Danny Burnstein, Kyle Evans, Julien Cohen and of course Daniel Powers. Daniel is a great rider and a nice guy – I am looking forward to competing with all these guys in Knoxville.

No comments:

Post a Comment