Welcome to my Blog.......

I would love you to all follow my adventures as I push myself wakeboarding around the world.
You can also follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/dylanprideaux and you can checkout my site at www.dpwake.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Aussie Season is almost over


Coming back from Grafton feeling pretty pumped about my riding and my switch to O’Brien from Liquid Force, I knew I had a couple of huge weeks ahead of me.

Danny Harf, Shane Bonifay, Shawn Watson, Kevin Henshaw and Daniel Watkins had asked if they could take my Billabong Edition Nautique 230 out to film some sequences for Danny’s new movie Defy.  All up they did 3 solid days in the boat and I was stoked to have a chance to ride and get some video down for them too.

Dylan Prideaux - Qld State Titles
The Qld State Titles were on, and I had to ride alone.  No point claiming a victory as I was the only rider in Open Mens but had to ride that category to for Nationals and needed to qualify.

Once that was wrapped up, it was back to training for Nationals and helping out a couple of cable riders make the transition to boat.  Jaimi Oxlade from Singapore and James Windsor from the Sunny Coast.  Both shredded behind the boat and got themselves ready for a huge comp ahead.

I snuck back down to Grafton for a Free Ride Friday and had an awesome time.  The Clarence River must be one of the best rivers in Australia, compared to the Gold Coast I don’t know whether they realise how lucky they are to have so much good water.

Wrapped up our final Free Ride on the Nerang River in perfect conditions.  Broke my perfect record though with one rider who just couldn’t progress.  Prior to that I had coached all 25 riders to a new trick.  From backrolls, to scarecrows and just good clean wake jumps, every Free Ride Friday winner went home feeling pretty pumped.

Free Ride Friday time - In the drivers seat
My good buddy Damo Cox filmed a few sets and made a little video for me to upload before I head to the States.  Feeling pretty good about my riding seeing i spent almost 4 months off the water over Summer.

I was really stoked when Adam Dodd called to say he wanted me to film some sequences for Wake Trick Guru and I got contacted by a very cool company associated with Surfing in Europe that wants to sponsor me.   It’s going to be a hectic week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment