Welcome to my Blog.......

I would love you to all follow my adventures as I push myself wakeboarding around the world.
You can also follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/dylanprideaux and you can checkout my site at www.dpwake.com

Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

New Aussie Champion - Stoked


It was a crazy week leading into Nationals.  As usual Mum and Dad rolled put the red carpet and turned our house into a hostel.  I was so pleased to have so many of my mates from all over Australia cruise through and chill with us.  Mum & Dad are pretty cool like that and always make my mates feel welcome.

Photo Shoot - Sunday Mail
The week was full of media opportunities photoshoots, video shoots, radio interviews and more.  I just wanted to ride, but Dad was busy organising the comp so we had to schedule everything.
I filmed some great sequences with Adam Dodd for Wake Trick Guru which I had to script and then do the voice overs for which was cool.

It was a very social week with the Nautique of season party on Saturday welcoming all riders and families to the coast. I chopped off all my hair at Nautique before the party and turned a lot of heads that night wondering who I was? We took the boat in to put on display along with the Team Ronix Boat and another 210 Team Edition and they looked awesome.

I stayed away from most of the social nights as wakeboarders tend to party pretty hard and I really had my eyes on the prize.   Most nights usually ended with cars and taxis back to ours anyway, but I kept a pretty low profile which was smart.

Open Mens Podium
Going in to the final ride I felt I had enough tricks to cover everyone but was really worries about Sam Thomson.  Sam is a great rider and can throw down some hammers so I expected it would be close.
At the end of the day, my pass was enough to get me through and my gamble of bypassing Junior Mens and going straight from Under 14’s to Open Mens paid off.   I was the new Australian Champion and that was a pretty cool way to end the season.   After coming 2nd in the Cable Park Series I set a goal to win the last 3 big events, Moomba, Monster and Nationals.  Inning all 3 just made it so much better.

Dad gave the boat to Steve from Nautique to have an Easter with the family and told me to enjoy being a 16 year old for a few days now the pressure was over.   I fly out Sunday Morning to start another summer on the US Pro Tour finally realising my dream of chasing the endless summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment