Welcome to my Blog.......

I would love you to all follow my adventures as I push myself wakeboarding around the world.
You can also follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/dylanprideaux and you can checkout my site at www.dpwake.com

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Australian Season has started

Just wrapped up the first round of the Liquid Force Australian Rail Series at Bli Bli on the Sunshine Coast.  I love riding at Bli Bli and it was a huge crowd of over 100 riders in attendance.

I thought I was riding well and I won my heat qualifying me first place into the 10 man final, but a couple of uncharacteristic falls meant I missed the podium and finished in 5th spot. 

Round 1 of the Wakeboard Queensland Summer Series kicked off this weekend and it was a great event.  The round was towed by Mastercraft and we used Harley Clifford’s boat for the event.

The venue was Marshalls Ski Lakes on the Sunshine Coast.  I have heard of it as a former venue for the World Championships, but have never been there.   It was developed by a family and they did it without certain council approvals so it’s not really open to the public, but they let us on for a special event.

Water conditions were ideal given that it was a windy day and I had an awesome qualifying heat finishing 2nd to Harley Clifford.  I had only managed 2 boat rides since coming back from the States s I was a bit rusty and it showed in the final where I only managed 4th.  Missing the podium now in my last 2 events has made me hungry.  I don’t want to miss another one this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment