Welcome to my Blog.......

I would love you to all follow my adventures as I push myself wakeboarding around the world.
You can also follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/dylanprideaux and you can checkout my site at www.dpwake.com

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's good to be back home

I have really enjoyed being back home and having time off the water.   I grabbed my old Skateboard and have been hitting the streets letting off some steam and having fun with my old Skate Crew.  I'm amazed years later at how good I still am.  My coach John Henson from ProWake Academy has told me that Board Sports in general are great for my wakeboarding, so Skating and Surfing are doing me good - and I am hoping to hit the slopes for a Snow Board soon.

The latest issue of Wake Magazine came out with an awesome 7 page article on me in it.  I was really pumped and loved the ride shots taken by Jamie Brooks for the issue.


Today I got hooked up with Von Zipper Eyewear as a Sponsor.  They have an awesome roster of athletes in a wide range of extreme sports and some great wakeboarders in the USA.  Like Billabong, I become their only Australian Wakeboarder which opens up opportunities for me in marketing, branding and exposure.

Dad is working away on some other awesome deals that will support me over the Aussie summer and for my US Pro campaign in 2011.

I am in the process of setting and benchmarking my goals for 2011.   I pretty well ticked everything off my 2010 list long before the year ended, so hopefully I will have the same drive, passion and energy to make it all happen again.   I believe my goals are realistic, and as Mum always says "if it is to be, it is up to me".  I like that!

Early night tonight I am leaving at 3am with Mick Watkins for the Monster Energy Tige Tour.   We hit Clermont for a Mini Tige Owners Reunion and Mick 'Personal Touch' Watkins is delivering a new Z1 to some lucky family up there.   The tour heads West and then back towards the Coast in a couple of weeks where I will get few nights sleep in my own bed before heading to NSW, ACT, SA and VIC to finish off the tour.   Then back home in December where I believe we will welcome some US Junior Riders who will escape Orlando for some Summer Downunder!   I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment