Welcome to my Blog.......

I would love you to all follow my adventures as I push myself wakeboarding around the world.
You can also follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/dylanprideaux and you can checkout my site at www.dpwake.com

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Moomba Masters 2011

My Mum and Dad grew up and raised me in Melbourne and used to go and sometimes take me to Moomba every year. It was pretty cool to have my relatives there watching me wakeboard for the first time and now understand what the sport is. Since I started wakeboarding Dad always said if I ever get the chance to ride at Moomba then I should do it because it is a really sick event to be apart of, now i understand why.

Because it was a Nautique event i saw it as a chance for me to spend some time and chill time with the International crew from Nautique in Orlando who had come over for the event.
Nautique Team Riders Media Booth

The boat towing the event was a Super Air Nautique 230 which is the same boat i have so I was on my own wake and was loving it.

I got to spend some time with the International Team signing autographs and taking photos and I made sure i made the most of my time on the water. I ended up winning my first heat, rode pretty bad in the semi's and and somehow just scraped threw to the finals.

As Charlie Sheen says "Winning"
In the finals i managed to put it together and had a great ride and was pretty stoked to come out on top. It was my first open age pro event win and i got a check for just under $5,000 which i was really happy with, hopefully that will cover some costs in the US this summer.
I loved Moomba and was stoked to be apart of the whole thing and I can't wait for it next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment