Welcome to my Blog.......

I would love you to all follow my adventures as I push myself wakeboarding around the world.
You can also follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/dylanprideaux and you can checkout my site at www.dpwake.com

Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

Victorian State Titles


This weekend was my first time back on the water in 7 weeks due to a recurring knee injury that troubled me towards the end of my US tour. I was really nervous about my ride, because I hadn't ridden in so long and I honestly didn't know how my knee would hold up after all my physio work.

The View from Dad's Office - The pickup boat!

On the Saturday which was Round 4, I turned up to see all the usual Wakeboard Victoria crew along with Troy Roker and Parker Siegele.  I really surprised myself and had a good solid ride, I stood up 2 passes and killed it, so I was super pumped about Sunday for State Titles! My knee was feeling strong and I was feeling even better about my ride!  We were back behind an Axis A22 and the wake wasn't too bad.

Sunday came around, I got to the site super early and was hanging out with my childhood best mate Jordan Uren for most of the morning before my ride, the conditions were horrible, and it was really really cold.  However I still stood up a perfect pass and even ollied back up onto the dock with dry hair and dry boardies! which is exactly what I wanted to do.   I managed to beat Parker with us both having standup passes so it worked out perfect for me.

Riding the CTRL Supreme on the Melton Weir
As the day went on, hanging out with all the cool Wakeboard VIC crew the conditions only got worse as the day went on, and by the end of it, we were riding in white caps!   However I  went out and had a super solid ride but fell at the end of both passes.  Parker just had a better ride and pipped me off the top spot in a close decision, but that's fine by me.  I proved everything I needed to for myself this weekend and I have a lot of confidence leading into Nationals and Moomba now.

I'm really happy that Parker and Joff came down for our event as it really caused me to focus on the main game.

No comments:

Post a Comment